Sunday, September 21, 2008

Visiting Church

This morning we visited a new church. I had been fretting about the decision all week, wondering whether it would be more pleasant to go to a church where we know other people or not. We ended up deciding to visit Monument View Bible Church in Fruita, where I have a few acquaintances. I ran into a few people I know, and overall the experience was pretty pleasant. The pastor preached on politics and government, which is not one of my favorite pulpit topics, but is probably a necessary evil every few years. He did speak truth, though (and avoided partisan political rhetoric, which is nice).

Since it is our hope to get back to Oregon as soon as I can find good work there, it is hard to have to try and find a new church to attend here. Nothing is going to be permanent, so it is hard to go somewhere while having no desire to get very committed or involved.

The kids did surprisingly well, though. Haddon did fine in the nursery; his number never came up on the video screen, which is always a blessing. Norah stayed in service with us for the songs, then went with the other kids to children's church. She seemed to enjoy her class with the other little kids, and liked playing games and coloring pictures, but I still can't get her to tell me what her Bible lesson was about. Oh well.

No comments: